|Wild Sky specialised
frogs,exotic plants, vivarium|
* 39 gal tall, I think: 30" tall, 30" long, and 12" deep.
* 1 55wt full spectrum 6000K power compact & 2 20wt full spectrum fluorescents
* What I call the Zen approach to Vivarium landscaping. Not too many plants, and not too few plants- with enough space to meditate in.
* Nothing really- except the log I draped there, and the sloping substrate, and the plants.
* False bottom construction. Approx 5 or 6 inches off the bottom.
* Small Rio pump hidden under the false bottom (un accessible). It pumps water over the log on the right. Under the log on the right is a small open pool with a few water grasses (the pool is hard to see in the pic). I use only distilled water.
* Coconut husk from black jungle (but you can get this at any home and garden store- it's the coconut liner that many hanging baskets use). I also used peat moss in small sections- because I had it on hand and it was handy to fill in small spots.
* A small fern and a small creeping vine I picked up in the tropical rain forest in Puerto Rico (how beautiful that forest was!). Two bromeliads on the back wall, two additional ferns, a Pellionia pulchra I think, and java moss here and there. I just replaced the moss "carpet" recently- It's from Florida (from moss man). I replaced the moss because my old moss was not doing as well as I wanted. This was due to not enough light- I recently added the 55wt Power compact to ensure the moss and plants continue to do well.
Here's a link to my online vivarium group- there are about 400 members::